Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Posting For The New Year

I've been trying to finish up Christmas quilts that didn't get sent out.  It all started when we lost our power and our pump house.  You see we live out in a rural area and right before Christmas when I was on a roll to finish we lost everything.  Then when everything came back on I was so down about it I got behind which I knew I would.  I did finish my 2 grandsons quilts and my youngest son and his wifes quilt, will send that out on Monday the 4th.

I've been working on a new block of the month called Magical Minis it is so much fun.  Each block is only 4 1/2 inch big and there will be 96 blocks without the sashing and borders.  This is definitely a full time project.  Will post pictures of them when I finish my 2nd month.  You do 8 each in a month they are all different blocks I'm really loving this.

I'm also working on my middle sons quilt and have to turn it on my frame to complete the quilting.  Then binding and a label and off it will go so another will be completed.

Then I will start quilting my oldest son which should take me a career because it is also a big one so it will just take time.  I am also finishing my granddaughters wallhanging which is a beautiful vase full of pansies and I'm doing thread painting.

Next my new local block of the month will start January 20th and that will be fun.  I'm trying to also get the borders on my last years block of the month for our get together on the 23rd. So as you can see busy busy busy but so much fun.  Will talk later when I have a minute.