Friday, December 25, 2009

JULIA CHILDS CHRISTMAS DINNER




I really wanted to cook something different for my husband and myself.  It was just the two of us for Christmas because my boys and my grand kids all live out of state.  We had a nice quit day and I cooked all day making Boeuf Bourguignon which is Julia Childs recipe.  We watched Julie & Julia and I got so inspired to make this I thought Christmas would be good.  We usually always have Prime Rib but my oldest son and my grandkids came here Thanksgiving and that's what we had so wanted to make something different.  I took pictures of the process as I was cooking it was so much fun.  The preparation is what takes the time there are many steps to this process.  It might look like stew but it has such an elegant taste to it.  My husbands was so impressed.  I then made roasted potatoes and homemade french bread.